Monday 8 May 2017

Ghazipur -- A Buddhist Place



            Your Holiness,
I hope this letter finds you in good health.Through this letter, I want to highlight the prominence of Ghazipur district as an important hub of Buddhism in the past.
Ghazipur is situated 30 Kms east of Sarnath, Varanasi. Buddha Doe, after his first sermon at Sarnath stayed at Aunrihar (Buddhpur) in Ghazipur while moving to Gaya. He gave his sermon at Aunrihar where he preached for seven days.
             Samrat Asoka also established monasteries at Aunrihar .  Aunrihar also finds mention by Huen Tsang in his travels. Buddha Deo also stayed at other places of  Ghazipur preached there.
Ghazipur is situated besides River Ganges. On both sides of Ganges, Samrat Asoka established Stupas, Chaityas, Vihars and Laat (Asokan pillar or monolith). Ghazipur comprises a huge population of Buddhists and it still has many remains of past Buddhist buildings.
            Although I am not a Buddhist, I have done research on all these hidden facts and compiled a book of around 90 pages titled “Ghazipur mein Buddha Deo aur Baudh sthal”. in Hindi. It includes facts, citing and references from over 100 books some of which was very rare. My unique research work brings forth the fact that Ghazipur district was an important centre of Buddhist activities during the times of Buddha Deo and Samrat Asoka.
            This research work has been completed but I am not in such a financial position to establish it on my own. Due to this, this important research work based on some unknown and unpublished facts on Buddhism and teachings of Buddha Deo and Samrat Ashoka are not able to see the light of the day.
             I hope you will appreciate my research work and provide financial help to publish this important work on Buddhism. If it is published, it will relive the old age and times of Buddhism which is a message of peace and non-voilence for the entire world. I have attached photographs and abstract of my research work with this letter. If you wish, I can send more abstract of my research work for you.
I thank you for your time and your reply is eagerly awaited.
Thanks and Regards
Obaidur Rehman Siddiqui
Email-ubaidurrehmanmakki@rocketmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment